Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Happy New Year

Don't you hate those postings that go "Wow, I haven't updated my blog for a while..."? I suppose this is mainly because they're ususally the final posting on a blog that's died.

Wow, I haven't updated my blog for a while. I suppose this is mainly because I haven't been doing any running. As Christmas approached I was very busy - or, as my father puts it in his comment to my previous posting, lazy. (Though if I were to follow his running career, I'd be scheduled to do no running at all for the next fifteen years or so, so I don't entirely see what he's complaining about. Hi, Dad!) Anyway, since I hadn't put enough preparatory mileage in, I decided not to do the Ely 10k on New Year's Eve, and I've done almost no running this year.

On the bright side, this does give me the opportunity to experience the Running for Beginners process all over again, and write something that might conceivably be of interest to the (remarkably steady) trickle of visitors who come to this site looking for information about beginning running.

So here goes...(again)...

3 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

hey phil, welcome back! i had to start all over again too. it's not so bad. i did higdon's novice 10k plan. check it out.

31 January, 2006 15:20  
Blogger Shane (mississip) said...

WOW! I suddenly feel better about my running! THANKS!!!

Shane ;-)

01 February, 2006 03:34  
Blogger buryblue said...

Welcome back to the fold. At various times over the last 25 years I have given up running for several years so I guess you too have bouncebackability!

07 February, 2006 19:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home