Monday, November 28, 2005

I was sick

I was sick, but now I'm well again, and there's running to be done.

After an extended non-running period whilst suffering from a bout of nasty seasonal ailments, I went out for the first time in nearly two weeks this morning. It's reassuring that I haven't forgotten how; I managed my fourth fastest time for the short loop. But the 10k is only five weeks away now, and I've got a lot of catching up to do. On the bright side I was perfectly comfortable running in a temperature of about 4C (39F). Well, perhaps that's a slight exaggeration; at least I didn't notice any bits turning blue and dropping off.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see you are back. I have enjoyed following your progress, as I started running at about the same time. I am also rather out of shape, and reading about your progress inspires me to keep going.

07 December, 2005 01:34  
Blogger buryblue said...

Its hard to avoid a bug this time of year especially if you have children.

Hope you are back in the running and on course to do the Ely 10k.

08 December, 2005 16:35  
Blogger jeanne said...

how does my illness travel all the way across the pond and make you sick?? strange! unlike you, my nasty little cold made me forget how to run. ack

02 January, 2006 02:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home