Thursday, October 27, 2005

10k Schedule

OK, so after a fair amount of googling I've found a training schedule that I like (though I've cunningly mislaid the link). Distances in kilometres.
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
31 Oct 3 3   3   5  
7 Nov 4 3   4   6  
14 Nov 5 4   5   7  
21 Nov 5 4   5   7  
28 Nov 6 4   6   8  
5 Dec 6 5   6   8  
12 Dec 7 5   7   8  
19 Dec 7 5   8   9  
26 Dec 7 5   3   10  

Most 10k schedules include complicated things like intervals and cross-training, but since my main objective here is simply to finish the race, increasing my stamina with lots of plain old running seems like a good bet. I cycle to and from work, so that's kind of cross-training.

Lets hope I can get up early enough to get all the running done...

2 Comments:

Blogger buryblue said...

I am tempted to give this race at Ely a go. Ely is a lovely city though there are quite a number of hills so I presume the race might be described as undulating?

Your schedule looks fine you will be running over the distance which will give you the confidence and the stamina to complete the course.

The only problem I can forsee is the time of the year there being many distractions. However there is nothing like entering a race to give you a target and the motivation to stick to a schedule.

Good Luck

29 October, 2005 20:24  
Blogger Phil said...

Actually the route is quite flat - it's a little way outside Ely, starting in Little Downham. There's a bit of downhill at the beginning, and a bit of uphill just before the end, but other than that it's very level.

30 October, 2005 14:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home