Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Before sunrise

The cold seems to be on the way out now, so I was back running again this morning. Two more running firsts today; first time I've gone running before sunrise, and first time I've run 4/1 intervals.

Dawn is a lovely time of day. A fantastic clear crisp blue sky, with a tiny bright moon hanging overhead, and the first rays of the sun shining on the rooftops. Bleedin' chilly, though. Allegedly 7°C, though I'm surprised it was as much as that. Gloves. I need gloves.

Despite the longer intervals, I was no quicker than last week, but it felt very comfortable - indeed I feel like I could run the whole way round without stopping now (for the 2.36 km loop, at least). But I'll keep on increasing the intervals gradually.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Enjoyed looking at your blog. I started running at age 34, 22 years ago. My times improved for about 6 years. Have done some triathlons over the years and ran my first marathon in 1997. Just got tired of people asking me if I'd ever run a marathon. After 5 tries, I qualified and ran the Boston Marathon in 2004.

So, stick with it. Some days i don't enjoy the process but I always enjoy the benefits.

Midpack guy from Kansas.

02 October, 2005 02:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home