Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ouch

Well, I won't be writing any smug posts about quitting caffeine any time soon. On Saturday I had the most crushing headache I can remember having for a very long time, and had to retire to bed and whimper. Slightly mysteriously it didn't go away when I gave in and had some coffee, either. Anyway, for now it's back to two cups a day, and I'll try tapering off more gradually.

Out again this morning for a very gentle couple of k. Shins behaving themselves at the moment (if that's not tempting fate).

1 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

It took me two weeks to quit caffeine and that was two years ago...i was sick of having to have coffee or risk a headache, plus I was constantly anxious and I was certain the 10 cups I drank a day didn't help. I did taper off gradually and after two weeks I was caffeine free. So you can do it too, just try to do it slowly. And for some reason, I always got the worst headaches on the weekend if I didn't get my caffeine in at exactly the right time. Good luck, and good luck with running! (p.s. I am not terrifyingly fit either. ha.)

26 September, 2005 04:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home