Monday, September 12, 2005

Back on the road

Back on the road (well, mostly the pavement) this morning, after four days Not Running - largely due to a number of, um, social events making it harder to get out of bed in the mornings. And first thing in the morning really is the only time of day that I can realistically get any running done; the rest of the day is busy with work or family, or I've just eaten.

At least I was a bit faster this time; each of my previous two outings had been slower than its predecessor. Increasing the intervals to 3.5/1 run/walk probably helped a bit.

In other health news, I'm definitely going to give up caffeine this week. Oh yes. But I'm not doing it the hard way - indeed, there's a cup of filter coffee gently steaming on my desk as I type. Instead, I'm going for the taper approach - half a cup less per day, until it's down to zero. I started last week on five cups a day; today it'll be two and a half (I don't count weekends, when I always drink less anyway); on Friday I'll have my last half cup. And then we'll see if it's any easier getting out of bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home