Friday, May 26, 2006

Rain

I don't open the curtains upstairs when I get up to go running, so as not to disturb my snoozing family, and the bathroom window is frosted, so it wasn't until I came downstairs this morning, already in my running gear, that I noticed that it was raining.

I uttered a word with a distinguished Anglo-Saxon heritage which I won't repeat here.

I peered out the front door. It wasn't tremendously heavy rain, but it was certainly more determined than drizzle. Well, I decided, I could be more determined than drizzle, too. So I headed out. It was surprisingly pleasant, and not at all cold, though I did manage to tread in a cunningly concealed puddle in Gilbert Road. With both feet.

The forecast for Saturday isn't great, either, which is a pity, as I'd planned to spend the afternoon relaxing on Jesus Green at the beer festival with the children playing happily on the bouncy castle. Standing huddled in a muddy marquee watching the rain come down probably won't be their idea of fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Well that's running. Never mind the forecast, and definitely not the actual weather, and get out there! It's always better than it looks at first.

26 May, 2006 15:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home