Thursday, August 18, 2005

Getting out of bed

Same schedule this morning, but got just a little bit further before turning round at 9 minutes - this time to outside number 7 Hurst Park Avenue. At this rate I'll be reaching Milton Road next week.

Had a good deal of trouble getting out of bed this morning, though, despite Radio 3 playing some fairly vigorous "waking-up music". I suspect the 5am child incident didn't help. Once up, though, gorgeous misty morning clearing to blue skies, etc, etc. And running does make you feel good. Especially when you stop.

On the way home I met the lovely little old lady who delivers our morning paper, and who's been doing so like clockwork for a good while now. But she told me that she may be stopping, because they want to pay her by bank deposit rather than cash in hand, and she's worried about tax. I'm sure she's not going to be paying any, but it clearly worries her. I hope this doesn't mean that we'll be going back to a random selection of teenagers who have trouble getting out of bed in the mornings. I don't wish to disparage teenagers in general - I'm sure there are some who are reliable and conscientious. But we've never had one delivering our paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home