Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Faster but larger

Another quite reasonable run this morning; I definitely seem to settle in to it after about a mile. I'm still taking it nice and easy, but the intervals are up to run 2.5/walk 1 now, and that's fine. Well, the run seems about five times longer than the walk, but still.

On the other hand, I weighed myself a couple of days ago, and in the three-and-a-bit weeks since I restarted running, I have...gained nearly five pounds. I'm now heavier than I have been all year, which was a bit of a surprise. Still, I'm not going to worry about it too much, just yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

I started on a run/walk programme at the beginning of the year, it was tough at first! (Still is...)

How long a break from running did you have and how far could you run then?

14 June, 2006 22:24  
Blogger Downhillnut said...

I gained 5 pounds when I started running, but my clothes still fit. I like to attribute the weight gain to the old "muscle weighs more than fat" idea, and don't really get upset until my pants start shrinking.

15 June, 2006 19:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home